- The minimum versions for each of the databases supported by Bareos are:
- PostgreSQL 8.4 (since Bareos 13.2.3)
- MySQL 4.1 - 5.6 or compatible fork (e.g. MariaDB), see section-MysqlSupport
- SQLite 3
- Windows release is cross-compiled on Linux
- Bareos requires a good implementation of pthreads to work. This is not the case on some of the BSD systems.
- The source code has been written with portability in mind and is mostly POSIX compatible. Thus porting to any POSIX compatible operating system should be relatively easy.
- Jansson library:
Bareos Version >= 15.2.0 offers a JSON API mode, see Bareos Developer Guide (api-mode-2-json). On some platform, the Jansson library is directory available. On others it can easly be added. For some older platforms, we compile Bareos without JSON API mode.